Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Clothing Thief

I have several stories revolving around one roommate in particular. She was from Alaska. Petite, kind of quiet and awkward.. Sometimes I would walk into my bedroom and find her trying on my clothes. We were NOT the same size. She was way tinier than me! She would gasp and awkwardly cover herself as she had her arms midway into one of my sweaters or shirts, never having asked if she could borrow it or try it. I would either walk out and shut the door and re-enter a few minutes later to her sitting on her bed reading a book as if it never happened, or I would walk in and pretend I didn't see what was going on and grab what I needed and leave. One time she went out of town and took a pair of my shoes with her. Shoes I wore almost daily. Again, she never asked. And it wasn't like we were particularly close which made it all the more uncomfortable. Someone kept going into my makeup bag and using my stuff. The funny thing is, had she just asked, I would let her use or borrow whatever she wanted! I asked during a "roommate meeting" for whoever was using my makeup to please stop. Or just ask me first but they didn't. We all knew it was her. Finally I left a note in my makeup bag that said "Karma is a real thing. Using someone's things without asking them is STEALING!" and it stopped after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner