Thursday, August 21, 2014

Late Night Phone Calls


My roommate sophomore year of college was an absolute sweetheart. We got along well and remain friendly to this day; however, there was just one thing she would do that even today drives me bananas. After a few months of living together, I suddenly woke up one night at 3AM to hear her talking. Confused, I started listening and realized she was speaking Spanish, which told me she was on the phone with her mom. I thought that was bizarre, since I know my parents go to sleep like old people do at 9PM, but I brushed it off thinking that maybe she was having a bad night and needed some guidance. 
Fast forward a week, and I woke up at 4AM hearing her talking again, but this time she was giggling like a fool and speaking in English. I knew it couldn't be her mom on the other end and so I listened until I finally heard her say her boyfriend’s name! It was strange because her boyfriend not only went to school with us, but he lived in a dorm literally connected to ours. I let it slide the first couple of times it happened, but soon she was up every night either chatting with her mom or her boyfriend until the crack of dawn! 

Image here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Design by Neat Design Corner